WARNING ORDER ELECTION OF OFFICERS 15 APRIL 2019 THIS WILL SERVE THE REQUIRED NOTICE THAT DETACHMENT 1267,
MARINE CORPS LEAGUE
WILL HOLD THE ELECTION OF NEW OFFICERS FOR 2018-2019 AT THE REGULAR DETACHMENT MEETING SCHEDULED FOR 15 APRIL 2019. AN EXCERPT FROM THE BYLAWS IS PROVIDED BELOW FOR YOUR INFORMATION: Nominations for 2018-101918 Elected Officers:: All Detachment nominees for the elected offices of Commandant, Senior Vice Commandant, Junior Vice Commandant and Judge Advocate must be members in good standing as defined under the National By-Laws. Nominations from the floor will be held at the Detachment’s regular scheduled meetings: Monday, 18 March, 2019, and Monday, 15 April, 201
(Final nominations and the election of officers).
● The elections of officers shall be held as the last item of business at the Detachment’s April 15th meeting.
● Nominations may be made only by members in good standing.
● During the election process no member present on the floor may leave the room and no members will be permitted to enter. The Sgt. At Arms will secure the hatch.
● Candidates for elective offices of the Detachment must be present during the nomination process and must state that they are “willing and able to accept the duties if elected”.
● All candidates will have a three-minute opportunity to address the membership about their qualifications.
● The Election Chairman will call for a voice vote to determine the winner. If a voice vote does not determine the winner, a hand count will be conducted; 50% plus one will determine the winner. COMMANDANT PRATT WILL NAME AN ELECTIONS CHAIRMAN SOON.
Posted for the Sr Vice Commandant and Communications Officer John Davies,
Marine Corps League Det #1267